Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fashion Inspiration and Style 💋

Outfit Modeled: Creme Lace Dress from Vans, Leopard KIRRA cardigan from Pacsun, Black/Silver Tights from Forever 21, Black Glitter Belt from Forever 21, Bunny Hat used as a scarf is from Megan Lunsford's Wardrobe and Leopard/Black Sk8Hi Wedges from Vans
Photo Credit: Divineskye Photography 
Photographer: Megan Lunsford
Outfit Shown: Elephant Tanktop from Brandy Melville, Military Inspired coat from Abercrombie&Fitch, White Super Skinny Jeans from Hollister and a Brown Braided Leather Belt from Abercrombie and Fitch
 
Outfit Shown: White Dress from Hollister and Navy Authentic Lo Pros from Vans
Photo Credit: Divineskye Photography
Photographer: Megan Lunsford

Finding Inspiration: 
For me personally, finding fashion inspiration isn't hard at all. I look to what others are wearing everywhere, nature, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Teen Vogue Magazines, Bloggers and my own Vans store that I work at.
In my world, I'm exposed to all things fashion. Working for Vans, I get to see the look books for each season before a collection is launched and I'm inspired by all of it to take the looks I love and incorporate it into what I wear on a daily basis. Now, I'm the type of person who will buy a shirt, cut it up into a crop tanktop and distress it. 
I know for some people, looking for fashion inspiration isn't the easiest to find. I suggest if you're having a hard time or not really sure about fashion just walk around the mall, look at their mannequins and what they're styled in and decide whether it's something you like or dislike! It's okay to not know anything about fashion but if you're looking to be more stylish, you can also go to a friend who might be into fashion and try some of her clothes on to get an idea of what you like and are comfortable in! 

Personal Style:
I love the whole "Rock n' Roll," grungy, dark, edgy look probably 95% of the time. I love my blacks what can I say?! Though, my wardrobe is very dark, I like to add jewelry for just a pop to make an outfit interesting. I love pairing gold statement necklaces with solid black pieces to add some color and trend to an outfit. 
Outfit Shown: Dark Rinse Super Skinny Jeans from Hollister, Dark Brown Leather Belt from American Eagle, Black V-Neck from Forever 21, Black Cotton Blazer from Macy's, Gold and Black Tribal Inspired Necklace from Forever 21 and the Black and Gold Braided Headband is from Forever 21
See how the gold makes it more interesting?! 

I have another side to my wardrobe, it's not all black, edgy and hardcore, it's really actually the EXACT OPPOSITE! I'm not gonna lie, I love me some Abercrombie&Fitch and Hollister. I love the beachy laid back girly style and their clothes always fit me perfectly since I am quite little to say the least! I'm not gonna lie, I love all of their dresses, pants, t-shirts, fragrance and everything because it is very feminine and that's what I love about those brands.

Outfit: Dark Rince Super Skinny Jeans from Hollister, Navy T-Shirt from Abercrombie, Brown Leather Belt from American Eagle and I don't know where this Brown Faux Leather Jacket is from :P


Fashion Idol: 

Let's talk about her outfit? Can we say perfect?! 


Hanna Beth is literally like my fashion idol, her look is dark, grungy, laid back, edgy and totally Rock n' Roll but she can also be very boho, classic and girly, that's what I love about her! I've looked to her as a role model as well as fashion idol for about 7 years and she has always stayed true to her personal style. She takes things that she loves and shows who she is as a person through her wardrobe and that's something I try to achieve! 

Advice: Your personal style doesn't have to be one specific type, mixing and matching is fun and adds uniqueness to you! Style, is showing who you are through your clothes, so make what inspires you, your own! Don't copy everything you see, just because you feel like you have to be wearing what's on the mannequins to be "cool." Just be you and wear what you love! 

XOXO 


No comments:

Post a Comment