Saturday, March 1, 2014

2009 Hyundai Sonata Review






I've had this 2009 Hyundai Sonata for a good two months and I think it's about time for a full review on this car!

Back Story: 
Back in December of 2013, I got into a major accident going back to my apartment in Denver from Colorado Springs, the weather was terrible to say the least and I hit a patch of black ice, a car behind me hit me, pushed me into the right line, made me tap the tire in front of me (no damage to that car whatsoever,) I lost complete control of my car that I knew every aspect of it and knew how to control it, but I just couldn't from the speed I was going, ended up smashing into a guard rail, spinning my car and smashing the car into the guard rail again. At the time I was at a complete loss and distraught about how much that car meant to me and this is what's left of it 
This is a 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT sedan and kind of a rare car, especially from where I'm from. It's quicker than a normal elantra and a lot more sporty and aggressive which is what I loved about it. Not to mention, it was a manual and I knew everything about it and put a lot of time and money just to make it the way I wanted. 
During the week and a half I had a rental car (2013 Kia Optima GDI) I literally fell in love with that car and knew I needed it but it was completely out of my price range so when I went to go buy another car with my father, we test drove a TON of cars, I mean a ton. From a 2010 Volkswagon Beetle to an Audi A4 to a Mitsubishi Lancer, but nothing was just fitting me right and I just wasn't happy with anything. The car dealers knew I have expensive taste, love a driver oriented car and knew I had to have some power and speed behind a car so they had a 2009 Hyundai Sonata in white delivered to me within 20 minutes. As soon as I took it for a drive, I was in love! 

Attractions:
This car to me, is definitely quite the looker. I feel like it looks a lot like a 2006-2007 BMW 325XI and that's what really attracts me to this car appearance wise about this car. The lines are fluidic, not too fluidic and not too boxy, it's just right! I absolutely love the Halo eyed headlights and the DRL reverse LED "eyebrow" it just looks SEXY! For stock, I do love the tinting on it, it's pretty opaque but I'd definitely like my windows to be totally blacked out, but that's my personal opinion. 

Non-Attractions:
Now, I'm not gonna lie, the one thing that I absolutely DO NOT like are these pathetic stock wheels!!
I know this is a temporary fix, but come on this is a little pathetic! If a car is aggressive looking with bigger tires, the wheels need to look just as good in my opinion. It is stock, but I really think Hyundai could have made these way better looking! I can't wait till I can get there ugly things off! 

Pros:
1.) A Great Value- it's important that when you're buying a car, it comes standard with features like XM Radio, USB port, AUX port and Bluetooth Controls, even if it's a base model!! This car had about 70k Miles on it, one owner, clean record, well taken care of, non-smoker, a CLEAN engine and nothing wrong with it which was a great but at approximately $14000. 
2.) The Drive- The ride in this car is very smooth and luxurious.
3.) It's FAST- I'm a girl with a need for speed, that's for sure! My 0-60mph is about 6.5 seconds when I'm really laying it down on the gas pedal. The 2.4L engine runs seamlessly! :) 
4.) The Sound System- For a stock sound system, I can really crank the volume up and that's what I love! I'm that annoying kid who always has their music blaring and rocking out. It's not the absolute best, but it meets my standards at the moment! I might throw some subs in it, I don't know. But, for now I do love it!
5.) Space- This car is definitely roomy and spacious! Whenever I have people in the backseat, they always comment on how comfortable it is compared to some other sedans! The seats are plush and comfortable, who wouldn't like that?!
6.) Gas Mileage: The gas mileage is great compared to my old car! It runs on 87 Octane but is a really great car if you commute to your job like I do!

Cons:
1.) I definitely hate the pathetic hubcaps on the wheels, it ain't cute! 
2.) This is kind of my own problem for owning a white car in Colorado, but it NEVER stays clean and I've noticed some chipping in the paint on the hood. 
3.) The visibility for me isn't the greatest and does have a lot of blind spots, I don't know if it's me or the car, but I wish is had a back up camera and blind spot detectors!

Overall Rating: 
I really do love this car and drives just as smoothly and quickly as the 2013 KIA Optima so I give this car an 7.5/10 :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment