Saturday, November 1, 2014

Feeling Low

Honestly, I'm not going to lie, I have days where I'm just down on myself and don't feel confident. I mean I am human and there's days where I feel like I can't conquer the world but here are a few things that help me feel better and maybe some of things can help you when you're feeling down!

1.) Fuck the Diet for the Day
Now, I don't know about you but I am a huge foodie. I love my snacks and all things bad for me but it's rare that I eat them because, I am very self aware of what I put into my body because I don't want to have a photo shoot and look bloated or anything. But; somedays you literally just need to say "screw it" and eat that tub of icecream. One day of not eating healthy isn't going to kill you.

2.) Taking a Hot Shower Using Aromatherapy Products
Aromatherapy is probably the most effective way to relax and clear my mind, personally. I use the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy for Sleep in the Lavender Chamomile scent. It's to die for! As soon as I smell it, I instantly feel peaceful. Focusing on a scent is something that I've recently found that really helps my anxiety, relieves my stress and helps me forget about the things that linger in my mind when I'm down.

3.) At Home Pampering
This kind of ties into the Aromatherapy in the sense that when I get out of the shower, I lather the matching Lavender Chamomile body lotion all over my body for more relaxation and spray the matching body scent on me, so when I crawl into bed I smell amazing and I'm relaxed. It doesnt stop there though, pampering my face is a must when I'm feeling down. Usually when I'm down, my skin looks dull and just "meh" so a part of my pampering routine when I'm out of the shower is to use a clay face mask followed by my Avon Acne skincare system and a thick eye cream. Whenever I give my skin some TLC when it's "one of those days," I wake up with brighter, healthy looking skin which definitely puts me in a good mood.

4.) Netflix Binge/Watching a Favorite Movie
Sometimes when you're not feeling so hot and don't feel like going out, staying in isn't a bad thing at all. There's nothing wrong with kicking it at home and watching things that you enjoy! My top things to watch when I don't want to leave the house are definitely things that can make me laugh or have some action and suspense in it! Here's a list of what I love watching!
1.) Step Brothers
2.) Fight Club
3.) Despicable Me 1 and 2
4.) BlackList
5.) Star Trek (whether it's the series or movies,) I love me some Star Trek

5.) Turn the Phone OFF
Turning off social media and all technology for that matter, is a good way to reflect instead of having others influence you. Sometimes, being alone and not having distractions is a good thing!

So, that is my short and sweet blogpost about what I do to keep sane, happy and confident! 

Don't forget to follow me on social media!
Instagram: katielafleurr 
Twitter: kallmekatiee 
YouTube: ItsKatieLaFleur

No comments:

Post a Comment