Thursday, February 20, 2014

Rock What You Love and Work it!

Outfit: Vans High Low Hemmed Skirt in Heather (now unavailable in retail Vans stores) Brandy Melville "Fancy as Fuck" Crop T-Shirt, Brandy Melville "Bitch Don't Kill my Vibe" Beanie (from www.brandymelville.com) and Vans Authentic Lo Pros Black/Black (cropped out, but are available online and in retail Vans stores) 
Brandy Melville's "Bitch Don't Kill my Vibe" tank (from www.brandymelville.com) 
Brandy Melville's "Fancy as Fuck" Crop T-Shirt and "Bitch Don't Kill my Vibe" Beanie (all from www.brandymelville.com)

I'm not gonna lie, some of my wardrobe can be very controversial as to what is "acceptable" and what is not. I have a beanie and tanktop from Brandy Melville that says "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe" and a crop t-shirt from Brandy Melville that says "Fancy as Fuck" and quite honestly I am in love with all of those pieces in my wardrobe. 

I really don't care what parents say or what looks I get when I wear certain things. If you're a parent and telling your younger child to never wear a certain shirt, good for you for doing your job as a parent. The thing is, is that I'm not a parent, I am an adult. I make my own decisions, I love fashion, I love expressing myself and though I like to set good examples for younger girls, I need to be me and not conform into a person that I'm not, simply because others disagree with something as basic as a T-shirt. It's part of me, it's expressing myself. "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe" by Kendrick Lamar is literally one of my favorite songs and Brandy Melville happens to be one of my all time favorite brands, so why wouldn't I wear something that I love because it's not "appropriate" to a conservative crowd?

I believe if you really love an article of clothing or really anything, rock it! It takes confidence to express yourself. At first you might feel a little uncomfortable with all the dirty looks you're getting from parents but seriously, who cares what they think. If you feel beautiful, powerful and confident in what you're wearing, then WEAR IT.

BUT, here's the catch...(there's always a catch,) 😉 If you're in High School you do have to follow the dress code, the dress code rules are set in place so what you're wearing doesn't become a distraction, which in my opinion is fair. School is not a fashion show, you're there to learn, not to walk a runway. So, for you younger ladies in Middle School and High School you all need to abide by the rules, unless you want to wear an ugly bright orange shirt that looks like you're going to jail for the whole school to see and mock you. (That's how it was when I was in High School.) 
For the ladies who have jobs and need to be business professional, sorry to say, but you have to follow your work places rules too, I abide by the dress code at Vans and I'm okay with that and it's nothing to protest against. Plus for me, I love everything I own from Vans because let's get real, it's totally my style. 

If I'm out and about, hanging out with friends, going to dinner, shopping, running errands or at a place where there is not a certain dress code, I whip out my favorite clothes and wear them and so should you! If you spend money on clothes that you love, wear them and not waste your money! I don't have one thing that I love that I don't wear, I believe in wearing what I own and getting my use out of them. Seriously, just love what you own, rock what you're wearing and feel good about yourself, whether you feel powerful, pretty, innocent or even a "Bad Bitch" then wear it, have no regrets and be confident because you're one of a kind!

Tip: If you want to be a little more discrete about your shirt, wear a cardigan over it! When I'm out running errands and want to look a little more presentable and put together, I throw on a solid cream cardigan from Abercrombie and Fitch to tone down the boldness of the shirt!

Don't forget to be smart about where you're wearing certain things, but don't forget to WORK IT HONEY 😉❤️

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment