Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Vans Story ❤️

Photo Credit: Divineskye Photography
Photographer: Megan Lunsford
Location: Manitou Skate Park in Colorado Springs Colorado
Outfit: Creme Lace Dress from Vans, Black Glitter Belt from Forever 21, Studded Leopard Cardigan by KIRRA from Pacsun, Rabbit Spirithood prop borrowed from Megan Lunsford, Black Glitter Striped pantyhose from Forever 21 and Leopard/Black Sk8Hi Wedges from Vans

Photo Credit: Divineskye Photography
Photographer: Megan Lunsford
Location: Cheyenne Mountain 
Outfit: Studded Denim and Chiffon High-Low Dress from Macys, Red Belt from Target and Leopard/Black Sk8Hi Wedges from Vans

Photo Credit: Divineskye Photography
Photographer: Megan Lunsford
Location: Manitou Skate Park in Colorado Springs Colorado
Outfit: Creme Lace Dress from Vans, Black Glitter Belt from Forever 21, Studded Leopard Cardigan by KIRRA from Pacsun, Rabbit Spirithood prop borrowed from Megan Lunsford, Black Glitter Striped pantyhose from Forever 21 and Leopard/Black Sk8Hi Wedges from Vans

You can find Megan Lunsford at:
megan-lunsford.squarespace.com 
www.facebook.com/DivineSkye

P.S: She's AWESOME! 

"Story of my Sole"
Vans has always been a huge part of my life, ever since I was a toddler. I remember my mom buying my light blue denim authentic Vans to wear with all of my play clothes. I distinctly remember having the denim authentics, white authentics and navy blue authentics because back then, Vans didn't have the awesome glittery ones like they do today (so jealous.) Even throughout Preschool, Kindergarten and the early years of Elementary School, I had Vans! See, my Dad used to skate board back in the 80's and saved his old board for me to ride when I got old enough which was about 6 years old. I looked really cool out where our cement walkway is up to our stairs and riding back and forth for hours! Unfortunately, I never did any more skateboarding because well I'm really clumsy, but later music became a huge part of my life and I started going to the Vans Warped Tour the summer going into 8th Grade and haven't missed a year since and is what I always look forward too during the summer! Vans, have always been a staple in my wardrobe and I've really had the Vans lifestyle all my life. I'm different, eclectic, strange and most of all, an individual which is what Vans is known for as a brand and lifestyle. I believe the only year I didn't wear Vans was in the Third Grade because, Etnies were all the rage back then, but when I got into Fourth Grade, I told my Mom that I wanted Vans and that's what I got! I remember they were Pink and White Old Skools with satin pink laces and they were so COOL! Ever since then, Vans have always been in my wardrobe every single year. I have some Authentics that are limited edition and some that aren't, a few pairs of limited edition Classic Slip Ons, a ton (I mean a ton) of Authentic Lo Pros, lots of Hadleys, a pair of Sk8Hi Wedges that are always shown in my pictures, a couple pairs of Mohikans from the Surf Collection, and my newest edition, the Sk8Hi Slims in (Leather) Black/True White. I can definitely say that I have a problem with shoes. 

My Life Changing Experience! 
When I was fresh out of High School in 2012, I had been looking for a job literally EVERYWHERE in Colorado Springs and one magical day, I was in buying shoes at Vans (of course) and the Assistant Manager told me that I should apply because they were hiring. As soon as I got home I submitted my resumé and was hoping so bad that I would have the opportunity to interview as a sales associate. I was that annoying kid that would call and follow up to see if Vans was hiring at the time and finally one day in July, I got a call asking if I would be interested in interviewing with a few other people and I quickly, with no thought or anything said "Oh my gosh! Yes!" A few days later I came in to interview with about 12 other people and the whole time I was thinking to myself "Uhh yeah, all these kids have way cooler stories than me, I'm just some average girl who likes fashion, is in to music, always attends Warped Tour, I can't skate, I don't have any work experience and I haven't overcome being paralyzed, so I'm definitely not getting hired here." When I got home from my interview that day, I was really discouraged and was being pretty hard on myself as I always am. Two days later, I got a call saying I was hired and that's when my life completely changed. When I first started working for Vans, I was literally the most quiet, shy, insecure and awkward girl ever. I was painfully shy throughout my life since I was a gymnast and didn't have a social life at all. It was so hard for me to go up and talk to customers without being incredibly awkward. But after about a month, something really changed inside of me. I became more confident in myself, I liked what I saw in the mirror, I learned that people want to actually talk to me for who I am as an individual which made it so much easier to go up and talk to people about their day and everything in between. 

A Vans Romance Story?
What's a life changing story without a little bit of romance right? Let me take you back to the first time I ever had a shift at Vans, there was this guy working with me, was super nice, talked to me and really helped me out. After that, I didn't see him for a few weeks and then I worked with him again for a couple hours and he was still as cute and nice as I remembered! So, he asked if I wanted one of his shifts and of course I said yes because I loved working there. But then, something inside of me told me I should text him and as creepy as I am, I got his number from the employee phone book and texted with "Hey thanks for giving me your shift!" Super weird, you don't have to tell me twice, but he asked if I wanted to hangout that next day and being the girl that I am, I said yes! Later I found out he thought I was pretty and ever since then and after a first kiss, I've always gotten "butterflies." I know, I know, I'm lame. We hangout whenever our schedules are clear and every time I'm with him, the more I grow feelings towards this person and I can't tell you why. While I was living in Denver working at another Vans store, there honestly wasn't a day where I didn't think of him and wanted to be with him, but this is when I completely screwed up, got arrogant, cocky, big headed, turned into the biggest bitch and thought I was hott shit because I was kind of with someone else. It is the past but literally if I could go back in time I wouldn't of been so selfish and stayed where I was in life. So, things went sour in Denver and he was literally the only person I wanted to be with. Of course there was a time period where he wasn't a fan of me, at all to say the least  and I don't blame him. But, when I moved back where I am now, we started to talk and hangout again and I realized that when I'm with him, that's where home is and there's no place else I'd rather be. He is special person and really the only person I have truly cared about and it's crazy to think that we met at Vans, happen to both work there at the same store, love the brand and live the lifestyle. I feel like it's kind of like a romance movie without the makeout scenes in the rain! Haha 😉

My Realizations: 
I really was shown the type of person I am and what my personality is really like from the almost two years I've been with Vans. I've become to understand myself as a person, have come out of my shell and blossomed into the person I want to be. If it wasn't for Vans I'd probably still be that quiet shy girl with no personality and for that, I'm forever grateful for having the opportunity I have with this company. If it wasn't for my family at Vans supporting me, cheering me on and being there when I'm at rock bottom I don't know where I'd be. From fashion, to music, to getting to know myself as an individual, to experiencing feelings I've never had, Vans is where my heart is and is my passion. ❤️

I have had a ton of questions as to why I always rep Vans and I hope this all answers your guys' questions from head to toe! 

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment