Sunday, June 29, 2014

All About my Current Tattoos πŸ’€

So, I don't think it's been a secret about how I have a few tattoos but I literally get so many questions from a younger crowd and usually they're the same kind of questions so I thought I'd make kind of an FAQ on them :)

1.) Did they hurt?
Honestly, I didn't think any of my tattoos actually "hurt." But, keep in mind some people's pain tolerance can be incredibly low and it hurts them more than another person. Pain wise, it really depends on the placement and if you're getting inked where the "typical" tender parts are being tattooed on the body. (Ex: ribs, feet, spine etc.) For me, I believe I've had the easiest placement pain wise to get tattooed, which is why I crave more. To me, I wouldn't say tattoos hurt but they can sting and be uncomfortable at times. The one thing I can compare getting tattooed pain wise, is it feeling like a warm cat scratch. Which is really not that bad. 

2.) How do you take care of your tattoo after you get it?
Depending on how large your piece is, keep it wrapped up for about an hour, to two hours or even 4 hours just so the gauze can soak up all the plasma and blood, which is completely normal! After the bandage is off by the artists directions, I rinse it off with some warm water, put a thin layer of Aquaphor and then the next day, proceed to wash it gently with my hand, using non-scented anti-bacterial soap and reapplying the Aquaphor in an extremely thin layer about three times a day! Do not exfoliate with an abrasive loofa or exfoliating brush after you get a fresh tattoo!

3.) How Many Tattoos Do You have?
Currently, I have about four tattoos, but I am working on my full sleeve on my left arm!

4.) What do Your Tattoos Look Like?
I guess it's easier to show you guys than to explain them ;) 
Photo Credit: GKR PHOTOGRAPHY
Excuse the awkward picture but when you're a one man show, you gotta do what you gotta do ;)

5.) What do Your Tattoos Mean?
"I got a pocketful of dreams" actually is something I've wanted for years. To me, it basically reminds me to hold on to your dreams no matter what anyone says, turn them into reality and then make for dreams or goals for myself.
My skull and roses actually represent a lot to me. I've been through a ton of negative things in my life whether anyone knows it or not, my life isn't unicorns and rainbows coming out of my butt and the skull essentially represents that the negative things are dead while there are roses and leaves growing out of the skull that signify new beginnings and a new life. It shows that every negative thing that happens, I can put it to rest and grow as a person from those unfortunate situations.

6.) Do You Think You're Inked Up and a Badass?
HELL NO. I actually feel the exact opposite of myself. Yes, I do have a little ink, but I won't consider myself "Inked Up" until my sleeve, ribs, back and thighs have all the tattoos I want! I would also never consider myself a "badass" well because I'm me. I'm just a kid who loves art, that's it!

7.) When Should I Get a Tattoo?
Personally, I really have to think before I get inked because it's PERMANENT. That's a huge dedication and commitment to get a tattoo. Whenever you feel ready and know that the tattoo is something you've wanted for awhile, go for it! 

I hope this gave you guys some insight about the questions that are asked! If any of you get some ink show me on Instagram by tagging me @the_katiee with the hashtag #showkatieink 

As always follow me on my social media sites!
Instagram: the_katiee
Twitter: kallmekatiee 
Facebook: like me at Katie McBride
Email: katiemcbride.business@gmail.com 


XOXO,
Katie 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment