Wednesday, July 2, 2014

SPRINTEC REVIEW and Birth Control thoughts :)

I'm sure most of you ladies have heard or are on birth control for various and different reasons, right? Well here is my review of Sprintec after almost 2.5 years of using it!

To be honest, I did not initially want to be on birth control because I thought it was only for girls and women who were sexually active which is probably most young girls' thoughts when their doctor recommends being on birth control. It's perfectly normal to think that; as most girls my age (19-21) thought that too when they were first introduced at around the age of 16. 

A little back story on me and my experiences on birth control, I started it probably around the age of 16 because I was having severe migraines, headaches, body aches, etc. and my physician thought I might of had a hormone imbalance, so I was first put on BeYaz and to be very blunt, I hated it. For about 3-4 months on being on the B.C BeYaz, I literally was having periods that would be two weeks long, I'd stop for a week and then continue with a long and heavy period, let's just say, I've definitely seen brighter days. I mean really, what girl wants to be on her period for two weeks? I can barely stand 5 days! So, due to that incident my doctor had raised the dosage and it didn't help at all, even giving it 3 months to take any kind of effect on my body. I got so fed up with it, I just stopped taking it all together and said "I'm done, I'm not sexually active, I think my body needs a break." Mind you I was just turning 17 and didn't have the "need" for birth control. After a couple months, my period began to be normal and regular, but I noticed my skin was breaking out a ton and my flow was definitely heavier which I would take over having a two week long period with a week long break any day. I just kind of continued to live my life and not make a big deal about it, until the day I became "sexually active" (such a responsible term haha) with someone I truly care about. So, my doctor put me on Sprintec with a hope and a prayer that it wouldn't do the same thing to my body as BeYaz did.

Two and a half years later, I can say that Sprintec has really helped my life when TOM comes around. My periods are lighter, they come at the exact same time on the exact same day every month and it only lasts on average about 5 days which is awesome. I've noticed that my skin has really cleared up over the years partly because of the Sprintec and partly because I have a skin routine that works for me. The only thing I've really noticed is that about three days before my period starts, I break out a little bit in my chin area which is due to hormones and maybe like one little white head on my forehead where I can just use my Clean and Clear Spot Treatment over night and literally kills those alien invasions on my face!

Overall I'd have to give Sprintec a 5 out of 5 simply because it works best for my body!

Thoughts on Birth Control:
Frankly, I am definitely not against birth control AT ALL. I think it's quite a controversial topic but some women go on birth control simply because they want lighter periods. You don't need to be sexually active to be on birth control and if someone asks you why you're taking it, it's really none of their business especially if it makes you feel uncomfortable. Being on the pill because you are sexually active doesn't mean you're a slut or a whore or anything like that, to me that's being responsible especially if you don't want kids right now, but sometimes it might "fail" so just make sure you are using a condom if you really do not want to get pregnant at this time of your life. Just make good choices, ya know what I mean? People around where I live seem to be really quick to judge girls who are on birth control, they feel as if "it's stopping God from creating life" and things like that. Just always keep in mind that it really is not their place to deem you something you're not like let's say a slut. Maybe you have medical conditions and the pills help with what you're going through like a hormone balance. I don't think women/girls should be ashamed of being on Birth Control, like I always say. "You do you." ;)

Most Common Question:
Is Birth Control right for me?
Honestly, if you are struggling with hormonal headaches, acne, heavy flows and irregular cycles I think you should really talk to your doctor about what Birth Control is best for you, especially if you're sexually active. Ask your doctor about different types of birth control and maybe expand on seeing if an IUD is even right for you if you don't want to take a pill every single day at the exact same time!

I hope this post helped give some insight on what you think is best for your body and that this girl on girl chat gave you some things to think about or things to bring up with your doctor for either the present or the future! As always I love you guys!

XOXO,
Katie

Don't forget to follow me on Social Media!
Instagram: the_katiee
Twitter: kallmekatiee 
Facebook: Like me on my Facebook Fan Page by searching Katie McBride
Email: katiemcbride.business@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment