Monday, February 3, 2014

Modeling Advice


Photo Credits: DivineSkye Photography and Sharon Arnoldi Photography
Photographers: Megan Lunsford from DivineSkye and Sharon Arnoldi from Sharon Arnoldi Photography


Modeling has been something I've been interested in my entire life. I remember being little, going outside and making my Mom ALWAYS take pictures of me. It's something that I love and really have a passion for and that's what my blog is about, right?! My first "real" photo shoot was when Sharon approached my Dad about doing my senior pictures. She featured me on her website and stated that I "was fun, easy to photograph, comfortable around a camera and photogenic" which really sparked my interest even more. I thought to myself  "Huh, this is something that I think that I can actually do that's not music and being a total nerd playing the infamous Call of Duty!" I definitely know that I am NOT a Runway Model because I'm not an almost 6ft tall woman, unfortunately I'm only about 5ft 3ish. Although, I'm pretty little I am really interested in being a Print Model. Seriously, how cool would it be to be in a magazine for Vans or even Young and Reckless, I mean come on...that would be HUGE. From my experiences with the photo shoots I've had, I take all of them as a learning experience! I ain't no professional model ;) But, for the girls who are looking into it or want to experience what a photo shoot, here are some of MY personal tips that work for me!
  1. PRACTICE IN FRONT OF YOUR MIRROR AND TAKE SELFIES! It sounds totally weird, but it's something that I think you really need to do to get comfortable with yourself changing your poses and faces. You absolutely need to have a flow when you're working with a photographer. They don't want to be telling you what to do every step of the way! Getting in front of the mirror and posing will really help to get you to know your "angles." Knowing your good angles and sides are so important for a picture to come out great! For example, my best side is my right side with my chin slightly tilted down with my neck a tad bit elongated depending on the pose. I feel like it's my "signature" kind of picture are all of those things with my mouth a tad bit open and relaxed, which is what really works for me.
  2. WORKOUT and EAT HEALTHY! I mean come on, you have to be in shape in my opinion. If you want to look good in pictures you absolutely need to keep your body toned. Eating healthy and drinking a ton of water is very important, you don't want to have pimples all over your face,  no do you?!
  3. ENHANCE WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE WITH MAKEUP! This is one of my favorite things about photo shoots, is that I get to experiment with makeup or have someone do my makeup for me. But what I love when I do my own makeup, is that I get to use great products that enhance my features and I don't need to cake it up because I do eat healthy, resulting into having healthy looking skin and fortunately I don't struggle with acne anymore. The things I do for my face when I do my own make up is, use any BB Cream I have on hand, use Benefit's Porefessional face primer, use one pump of MAC's Studio Fix in NW15, contour my face with Revlon's Whipped Cream Foundation that's about three shades darker than my NW15, set it with a translucent powder, go over my contouring with Avon's Marberlized Bronzing Powder in Bronzed Peach and then my favorite part...highlighting with either MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Porcelain Pink or the sample that I have of Benefit's Watt's Up highlighter which is so on point! Now, it seems like a lot for someone who doesn't have problematic skin, but it I like having my face look flawless on camera! For my eyes, I really don't do a lot besides swipe Mac's eye shadow in All That Glitters all over the lid, blend it out with Mac's Esperesso in the crease, highlight my inner tear duct with any white shimmery eye shadow, wing out my eye liner with Maybelline's Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner in black, smudge black eye shadow under my lower lashes, curl my eye lashes and use a couple coats of Benefit's They're Real Mascara in black, maybe slap on some false eye lashes and always do my lips either nude, pink, or dark! 
  4. FIND THE PERFECT OUTFIT! It's all about fashion and looking good, it doesn't matter if it's uncomfortable or not, you have to make sure your outfit is on point and fits the theme and desired look for the photographer!
  5. SMILE! There's nothing prettier than a genuine smile and confidence! 

So there's my Modeling 101 and story! There's not a lot that beats the feeling of having a photo shoot and looking hott!! I hope it's useful to some of you and that y'all can learn a little something from someone who's had a few amazing experiences! You guys can see more pictures from shoots on Instagram @callmeekatiee :)
 Good luck <3

XOXO,
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment